Issue 5:25 (June 17) is here.
- Oregon’s Senate approves constitutional amendment that allows judges to teach and to continue to serve as jurists
- Rhode Island governors may get more choices for judicial vacancies through the state’s merit selection system
- California Senate committee approves legislation specifically authorizing veterans’ courts
- Louisiana’s House and Senate debate several resolutions asking for judicial involvement in studies of court caseloads/jurisdictions, the state constitution, and families in need of services
- New York’s Senate approves creation of new crimes of menacing, assault, and aggravated assault on a judge